Estwing's Geo Belt Pac I and II
Used by geologists, environmental scientists, biologists, hydrologists and others who work in the field.
There are two different Estwing Geo Belt Pacs. The Belt Pac I fits waist sizes 32" through 36". It has a hammer loop, side pouch, water bottle pouch and main pouch (with two pockets). The Belt Pac II fits waist sizes 36" through 44". It has the same hammer loop, side pouch, water bottle pouch and main pouch (with two pockets) as the Belt Pac I, but it also includes a chisel pouch. Check the features and pouch dimensions of these bags below.
Estwing Geo Belt Pac Description:
Estwing Geo Belt Pacs are durable, comfortable and efficient ways to carry your gear in the field. Compared to a backpack, they put the weight of your gear above your hips instead of on your back. This lowers the weight on your body to a much more stable position for walking over uneven ground or scrambling over rocks and scree. Many people believe that this is also a much cooler position to carry your gear in hot weather. The pouches and hammer loops are easy to reach, and you don't have to take the belt off to get into them.
- Durable Construction: The belt and component pouches are made from 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon, a lightweight fabric that is durable, tear resistant and water resistant. This belt pack will last through many years of hard use.
- Modular Design: The pouches and hammer loop attach to the belt pack with strong buttons and/or a heavy belt loop. With the exception of the main pouch, they can be detached from the belt pack and moved to a new position. So, if you like to carry your hammer on your right hip and have a small pouch on your left, you can move them to those positions. The pouches and hammer loop mount in easy-to-reach locations that you can access without removing the belt.
- Metal Hammer Loop: Designed to hold a rock hammer and allow it to move freely as you walk, climb, sit or stand. The pouch attaches to the belt pack with two strong snap buttons.
- Main Pouch: This large pouch has two large zipper pockets. They are a great place to store food, rain gear, safety glasses, rock samples, maps, field book, pens, binoculars or other gear. Large Pocket Dimensions: 9.5 " x 8" x 3". Small Pocket Dimensions: 9.5" x 6" x 2". This pouch is permanently attached to the back of the belt.
- Side Pouch: A small pouch that is a great place for carrying your phone, GPS, compass, and other tools. This pouch slips over the belt and slides to the desired position. Dimensions: 6" x 5" x 2".
- Water Bottle Pouch: A round pouch designed to carry a standard-size (3" diameter) water bottle. The water bottle is held in place with a strong elastic band. The pouch attaches to the belt with two strong snaps and a belt loop. (Water bottle not included.)
- Chisel Pouch: (On Geo Belt Pac II Only) A tall rectangular pouch that is a great place to store chisels, small tools, specimens and more. Attaches to the belt pac with two strong snaps and a belt loop. Dimensions: 3.5" x 8" x 2".
- Adjustable Waist Strap: The belt pack closes in the front with a strong and wide plastic buckle. The 2"-wide webstrap belt slides through the buckle and adjusts to your waist size.
- Wide, Padded, Breathable Back: The back of the belt pac is over eight inches wide. That distributes the weight of the load and the pressure of the pack across your back and sides. This is far superior to placing all of the pouches and tools on a thin belt that will pull down your pants! The back is about 1/4" thick, padded and has a breathable mesh cover. This helps you stay cool and keeps rock specimens and tools from poking you in the back. For safety, a hammer sheath is always recommended.
- Convenient D-Rings: The belt has hanging D-Rings located between each of the pouches. Use these to hang a small tool on a carabiner or tether.
- Suspender Buttons: Some people like to wear suspenders with the belt pac for extra support and to put some of the weight on their upper body. There are two buttons in the front and two in the back for attaching suspenders. (Suspenders not included.)
This is a very high-quality, professional-grade product. If you are surprised by the price, consider the quality materials and workmanship that go into this product and the number of components that are included. You can't buy all of that for $79 or $129.